The news media is getting more and more excited about the new TV series, especially after Starz released the first trailer on January 11 at the Starz Outlander Fan event in Los Angeles.
January 11 was also Diana’s 62nd birthday!
Image at right: Actor Sam Heughan (“Jamie”).
Below are selected articles, images and videos from January, 2014:
- “Outlander’s Diana Gabaldon and Game of Thrones’ George R.R. Martin are breakfast buddies,” by Andrea Reiher, in a blog on Zap2It.com. An article that explores Diana’s friendship with George. Released on January 21, 2014.
- “Outlander’s First Trailer Promises a Great Adaptation,” by Brody Gibson on BoomTron.com. Brody has mixed opinions so far about the book version of OUTLANDER, and thinks the TV series may be better. Released on January 19, 2014.
- Hollywood Radar (on AccessHollywood.com) released a short video news story about the Outlander Fan event on January 11 in Los Angeles. The clip shows actors Catriona Balfe and Sam Heughan, who play the lead roles in the new Outlander TV series. Click here to download the video in Quicktime movie format (MOV). Released on January 19, 2014.
- “Outlander Series Photo Round-Up: Leoch, Stocks, Jamie And Claire And More,” by Kelly West, on Television Blend (at Cinemablend.com). An article containing recently released images from the Outlander TV series. Released on January 19, 2014.
- “Starz’ Outlander stars Sam Heughan with a tilt in his Kilt,” by Margie Barron. An article about the upcoming Starz TV series and actor Sam Heughan on EntertainmentToday.com. Released on January 16, 2014.
- Why Should You Care About Starz’s ‘Outlander’? The Experts Explain, by Kara Warner on Yahoo TV (tv.yahoo.com). This article has five great reasons to watch the Outlander TV series on Starz when it debuts in the summer of 2014, and includes a lot of opinions from Outlander fans’ web sites. Released on January 16, 2014.
- On January 11, Diana Gabaldon chatted with a reporter from AccessHollywood.com about her rumored cameo in the new Outlander TV series. (Yes, the TV series crew is planning to film a cameo of Diana!) Click here to view the video. Released on January 15, 2014.
- “Outlander: Sam Heughan Talks Kilts, Diana Gabaldon Confirms Cameo In Starz Series,” by Jolie Lash for Access Hollywood. Diana discusses her involvement in the Outlander TV series, including a cameo appearance. Diana, Ron Moore, Sam Heughan, and Catriona Balfe discuss the series — how sexy will it be? — and kilts and other Outlander topics. Posted on January 11, 2014.
- “Outlander: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Share Their Favorite Scenes So Far,” on AccessHollywood.com. A video interview of actors Catriona Balfe (“Claire Randall Fraser”) and Sam Heughan (“Jamie Fraser”) at the Outlander fan event held on January 11, 2014 in Los Angeles. The first trailer of the new TV series was released at that event. Released on January 15, 2014.
- “Starz Releases Trailer Teaser for ‘Outlander,’” by Erica Trapasso of hypable.com. An article about the release of the first Outlander TV series trailer, which also has some interesting facts. Released on January 15, 2014.
- “Starz Outlander Invades L.A. Recap! A Gathering of the Fans,” by reader fans Alicia (“The Novel Strumpet”) and Erica (“The Lovely Erica” or “TV Heartbeat”), on MikeTheFanboy.com. An article about the Starz Outlander Fan Event on January 11 in Los Angeles, with images of readers who attended, and photos from the event. See what the event was like if you weren’t able to attend! Posted on January 15, 2014.
- First look at Starz’ hotly anticipated ‘Outlander’: We heartily approve of Sam Heughan in a kilt, by Joy Tipping, in the Pop Culture Blog on DallasMorningNews.com. Article by an enthusiastic Outlander reader about the new TV series, actor Sam Heughan (who portrays Jamie Fraser), and the first TV series trailer. Released on January 14, 2014.
- “‘Outlander’ TV series gets a new trailer,” by Molly Driscoll, on ChristianScienceMonitor.com. An article about the new series and the first trailer. Released on January 14, 2014.
- WOW! On January 11 (which also happens to be Diana’s birthday) the first official trailer and preview video for the new Outlander TV series was released by the Starz network! Click here to view the trailer on Youtube.
- “Starz’s Outlander Fully Expected To Get A Second Season; ‘Incursion’ Still Alive,” by Nellie Andreeva, TV Editor for Deadline Hollywood (Deadline.com). Chris Albrecht, CEO for the Starz network, has praise for Executive Producer Ron Moore and the show. Further, Albrecht hints that the new Outlander TV series will likely have a second season! Posted on Friday, January 10, 2014.
- “Outlander photo: Jamie being whipped by Black Jack Randall,” by Jack Hibbard, for Entertainment Weekly’s “Inside TV” feature. OUCH! What a sneak peak! Posted on Friday, January 10, 2014.
- “Outlander: Starz’ Version of Opening Scene Revealed,” by James Hibberd for Entertainment Weekly’s “Inside TV” feature. The TV series will open with Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe) during World War II. The two-minute prologue is set in a field hospital showing Claire caring for the wounded and “in her element” as a wartime nurse. Published on Friday, January 10, 2014.
- Outlander: New photo and Ron Moore interview, by James Hibbard, for Entertainment Weekly’s Inside TV feature. Article about a new photo released by Starz of Frank and Claire Randall with a 1940s car. Also has an interview with Executive Producer Ron Moore, who answers interesting questions about the new Outlander TV series. Posted on January 9, 2014.
- “Celebrate Hogmanay and New Year’s Day with us as we ring in 2014, the year Outlander comes to your TV,” says the Outlander TV series cast and crew. View the video on YouTube. You can also access it in the videos listed on the official Starz Outlander site. (Sorry, but the new video may work only in the U.S. right now, like previous Starz videos.) Image above: actor Sam Heughan (“Jamie Fraser”) in the holiday video. Published on December 31, 2013 for the New Year.
This page last updated on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:03 p.m. (PDT)